Lelo Oden 2 is a couples ring that Lelo says is “defined by innovation and power”. Oden of course is a thinly veiled play on the Norse God Odin. Norse Gods seem to be Lelo’s go-to when naming products made for men. Another example is the Tor 2 cock ring, which implies Thor, the God of thunder.
These days it’s difficult to hear of these Norse gods and not think of the Marvel cinematic universe. I’m perfectly satisfied imagining Chris Hemsworth for Tor and Anthony Hopkins for Oden. Welp, time to quit fiction and return to reality, and back on track with our Lelo Oden 2 review.
Bonus: Enjoy a discount of 25% OFF from LELO for ODEN 2 with free shipping this month.
Lelo Oden 2 Packaging Details
The Oden 2 is part of the Insignia range of the company. As such, it comes in the classic, elegant and discreet packaging from Lelo that we’ve come to expect and love. In the package, you will find the following items
- Lelo Oden 2 couples ring
- Adjustable c-ring and clitoris massager/stimulator
- Satin drawstring pouch to store your toys when not in play
- SenseMotion Remote
- Two AAA batteries for remote
- Battery charger
- Warranty registration card
- 1 year warranty and 10 year quality guarantee
- Instruction manual
That’s quite a number of things to put into a box, but Lelo does the job carefully and to visually great results.
Delving Into Construction Quality And Build Of Lelo Oden 2
The Oden 2 and the SenseMotion Remote are covered in smooth, velvety silicone like most other Lelo products. And, as is usual with the Insignia line, the Oden and the remote are accented with ABS plastic covered in metallic look. The silicone and ABS plastic used are both non-porous, hypoallergenic, phthalate-free, and completely body safe.
Its cock ring extends to a band of ABS plastic, that signifies the beginning of the vibrator. This is also where you can unscrew the Oden 2, separating the c-ring from the vibrator and revealing the location of the charging point.
Oden 2 is flexible, and the part that goes on to the penis can be changed in diameter so as to fit individual preferences. Simply wrap the silicone Lelo Oden 2 at the base of the penis, adjust it to match the direction of the vibrator, and let it do its job.
Never use a silicone based lubricant with the silicone cock ring or vibrator. They’re best suited to work with water-based lubricants.
Lelo Oden 2 Features: Is It Worthy Of Its Name?
Simply naming something Oden does not give it the power of the God (or the appeal of Anthony Hopkins). It’s time to see how well these features bring the C-ring worth its name.
Lelo Oden 2 Vs Lelo Oden
It’s obvious to compare the new iteration with the original. Lelo Oden 2 is 50% more powerful than its predecessor, which is quite an improvement considering the size of the C-ring and battery requirements. Lelo calls it the “most sophisticated vibrating couples’ ring”. While I won’t put much stock in the marketing lingo, it does sort of show Lelo’s interest in keeping this ring at the top of its game. Oden 2 also has a better battery, better battery life, and more powerful remote compared to the original.
Oden 2 Vibration Modes And Use
Simply put, the Lelo Oden 2 can be split into two parts, the adjustable c-ring and the vibrator. While having sex, the vibrator can be placed at the clitoris. It can work the same way as a smaller bullet vibrator providing stimulation to the clit, while the cock ring adds stimulation to the vaginal entrance. Overall, it covers all the bases.
Spice things up with the remote, introducing patterns, modes, and a little play. SenseMotion remote vibrates at the same intensity and pattern as the c-ring itself, so you always have a literal grip on the motions and vibrations going on. You may also use it as a wider, less purpose-oriented vibrator.
SenseMotion remote can be used from a distance of 38 feet. While that means little for a c-ring, the remote is compatible with other Lelo devices as well, and you could pair it up with one of those for some extra fun. Maybe a little public play as well. Be careful though — the vibrators themselves are silent, the remote however, has no problem whirring like a noisy grinder.
SenseMotion Remote Motion Controls And Patterns
Lelo Oden 2 does not have any buttons to control its vibrations and intensity. You will have to be dependent upon the remote to handle those functions. It’s a bit of a bummer, I would really have preferred controls on the Oden 2 as well.
Broadly speaking, the SenseMotion remote has three modes of operation.
- Mode 1: Vibration intensity is dependent on the alignment of the remote. Vibration intensity is at 10% when the remote is horizontal, and grows as the gradient changes to 100% when the remote is vertical.
- Mode 2: Vibration intensity is dependent on how fast you move/shake the remote. The faster you shake, the higher the vibration intensity.
- Mode 3: The classic Lelo vibration intensity controls and patterns. You can press the + or – buttons on the remote to increase or decrease intensity of vibrations. Pressing the () i.e. function button allows you to cycle through the six preset vibration patterns.
While I enjoy Modes 1&2, the novelty wears off, and it’s better to stay in the moment and get straight to dependable patterns and movements. Those two modes are great for playing and fooling around though, so full marks there!
Lelo Oden 2 Is Waterproof
There’s little point to enjoying the naughty if you cannot take it to the shower. Well, the Oden 2 is waterproof so feel free to take it to the shower and get more fun out of your play. Before you do, make sure the charging point is screwed shut properly so the water does not come anywhere near the charging port. Honestly, I’d rather avoid the risk and keep the Lelo Oden 2 away from water risks.
Check out more customer reviews of ODEN 2
Battery Specifications And Charging The Lelo Oden 2
Charging the Lelo Oden requires unscrewing the vibrator from the cock ring. It is the vibrator end where you stick the charger, and once you do, a light starts flashing indicating that the device is being charged. Once the vibrator is done charging, the blinking light turns to a steady glow.
If you’re charging it for the first time, the Lelo Oden 2 might take some time to charge. Generally speaking, after first charge the vibrator will be done charging in two hours, and offer the same 2 hours of use time. Standby time for the Li-ion batteries is 90 days.
Running on two AAA batteries, the SenseMotion remote can keep going for up to 10 hours. It’s a bit of a relief, I’d rather not have to deal with batteries that run out too quickly and need a stock of replacements at the ready. Even the 10 hours isn’t good enough, but I’ll take it.
Lelo Oden 2 Review — Pros And Cons
- Adjustable c-ring. Many men don’t quite come to enjoy c-rings, as they can often be too tight. That reduces the use of c-ring to a necessity rather than pleasure. Adjustable ring takes away that problem and the couples ring becomes fun.
- Included vibrator. The vibrator attachment on the Lelo Oden 2 is a nice touch. It makes the c-ring more of a couples’ activity and also provides external stimulation to the clit.
- Plenty of options available in terms of vibration patterns and SenseMotion controls.
- Waterproof! Take the Oden 2 to the shower and get wet. It’s flexible, waterproof, and has a remote control. Use your imagination and milk that freedom.
- Operable only via SenseMotion Remote. I like the SenseMotion remote, but I would have much prefered on-board controls on the Oden 2 as well.
- No way to stop the remote from vibrating.
- Battery life. Having the c-ring go for more than just 2 hours would be great.
Lelo Oden 2 Review — The Finale
I approached the Oden 2 with caution, skepticism even. It looked interesting, but it did not inspire confidence. Certainly not the confidence to consider a $200 spend. Now however, that skepticism is gone and we’ve found the Lelo Oden 2 quite agreeable. It puts its job description straightforward, and achieves that – and that’s all we can ask for. Sure you could buy a pair of different toys, but that doesn’t become a couples toy. In my opinion, the Lelo Oden 2 is a fine buy, especially as a couples toy.
Bonus: Buy Oden 2 with free shipping from LELO this month.